SCOTCH CREEK VENTURES INC. ANNOUNCES CLOSING ON THE MACALLAN AND HIGHLANDS LITHIUM PROJECTS IN THE CLAYTON VALLEY NV
Vancouver, British Columbia, June 9, 2021 – Scotch Creek Ventures Inc. (the “Company”) (CSE: SCV | FSE:7S2) is pleased to announce that it has closed on its “Macallan” and “Highlands” lithium brine properties, located in the Clayton Valley Nevada. The Company’s finalized 100% owned land package in Clayton Valley totals approximately 9,281 acres, establishing the company as one of the largest stakeholders in the Valley. The Company issued 3,500,000 shares and reimbursed the arm’s length vendors for the cost of staking and recording of the claims. The shares are subject to a four-month hold period under applicable securities laws.
Additionally, two 43-101 reports have been prepared by Robert D. Marvin, P.Geo. Within the 43-101 technical report on Macallan, Mr. Marvin comments “the Clayton Valley has an enormous measured and inferred endowment of lithium and is rapidly emerging as one of the world’s largest concentrations of lithium…The combination of a highly favorable geological setting and unexplored nature of the Macallan claim block make the ground an ideal location for a relatively low cost, first-round drill program.”
The Macallan report recommends a drill program that targets lithium-rich brines hosted within sedimentary and evaporite stratigraphy common to the Clayton Valley. Four holes are recommended to be drilled in a first pass evaluation of the rocks in the subsurface at Macallan. Mr. Marvin has more than 35 years of experience as an independent consultant and has had previous experience in lithium exploration, specifically within the Clayton Valley. Both reports are available on the Company’s website and on SEDAR.
The Company’s Macallan project borders on Pure Energy Minerals Ltd Clayton Valley property, which has had successful drill results and has recently announced its intention to begin construction of a pilot plant for lithium brine extraction. The Macallan acquisition consists of 3,170 acres and is located on the southeast side of the Clayton Valley. Recent exploration on the northeast flank of the Clayton Valley from Noram Ventures Inc. and Cypress Minerals Corp. has yielded attractive results, thus reinforcing the geological trend line and exploration potential running through these claims.
Scotch Creek’s Highlands West project consists of 6,111 acres and is located nearby Albermarle’s Silver Peak mine, which is currently the only lithium-producing operation in the United States. With expanded interest in electrical vehicles, Albermarle recently announced plans to invest an additional $30 m. to $50 m. to double its current production at this site by 2025 and begin a program to both evaluate clays and optimize lithium extraction from its brine resources.
About Clayton Valley
Clayton Valley, Nevada, has become a North American hub for lithium exploration and production with various public companies establishing their footprint in the region:
• Albemarle Corporation’s (NYSE: ALB) Silver Peak is the only lithium-producing mine in North America and has been in production since 1967. Albemarle announced its intention to double its lithium brine production and expand its operations to explore lithium clay potential in the valley.
• Westside of Clayton Valley: Nickle Rock Resources Inc. (C: NICL) announced on March 24, 2021, that it has commenced the drilling on their 2,300 acres adjacent to the west side of the Silver Peak mine just northwest of Scotch Creeks newly acquired acreage.
• On the lithium brine production side, Pure Energy minerals (TSX-V: PE) has entered into an agreement with energy giant Schlumberger to further develop its lithium brine production. This agreement validates the economics and also the advancements of brine exploration in the Clayton Valley.
• In the North-East of the Clayton Valley, Cypress Development Corp. (TSX-V: CYP) recently completed a PFS and has plans for a feasibility study later this year. Pure Energy has developed an open-pit design and mining plan that projects a 40-year minimum mine life and is currently working on plans for a pilot plant to refine extraction technologies. (lithium clay).
• Noram Ventures Inc. (TSX-V: NRM) is working on its fifth round of drilling and they have announced a resource of 300 million tonnes of >900 ppm Li. The current drilling program is on track to more than double that resource.
• Enertopia Corporation (OTC: ENRT) has a narrow land position between Cypress and Noram. They have an established 100 million tonne resource from 4 drill holes at a 400 ppm Li cutoff.
• Spearmint Resources Inc. (CSE: SPMT), with a property just south of Cypress, completed a drill program in November and has announced high-grade lithium intercepts. Scotch Creek Ventures Inc. (CSE: SCV) despite the enclosure of the basin and limited acreage available, very little exploration has been completed on Scotch Creek’s land package in Clayton Valley – an area that is greater than that of Cypress, Noram, Enertopia and Spearmint combined.
About Scotch Creek Ventures
Scotch Creek is a mineral exploration company, focused on the acquisition, exploration, and development of lithium projects located in tier-one North American mining jurisdictions. Scotch Creek’s mission is to become a best-in-class lithium exploration company situated in one of the most promising lithium districts in the world, Clayton Valley, Nevada.
On behalf of the Board of Directors
“David K. Ryan”
Chief Executive Officer
1140-625 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 2T6
firstname.lastname@example.org | +1.604.283-5636
CSE:SCV | FSE:7S2 | OTC:SCVFF
Chief Executive Officer
Further information about the Company is available on our website at www.scotch-creek.com or
under our profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com, and on the CSE website at www.thecse.com.
Public Relations Contact
Scotch Creek Ventures Inc.
The CSE has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the accuracy or adequacy of this release.
Forward‐looking and cautionary statements
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities, nor shall there be any sale of securities in any state in the United States in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful. The securities referred to herein have not been and will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from registration requirements. This release may contain statements within the meaning of safe harbor provisions as defined under securities laws and regulations. This release may contain certain forward‐looking statements with respect to the financial condition, results of operations and business of the Company, and certain of the plans and objectives of the Company with respect to the same. By their nature, forward‐looking statements involve risk and uncertainty because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that will occur in the future and there are many factors that could cause actual results and developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward‐looking statements.